2020 North Caldwell Town Pool
COVID-19 Operation Prevention Plan
- Staffing and Pool Facility Operations
The North Caldwell Pool will operate with eight lifeguards on duty at a time, up to two Social Distance Ambassadors, one Manager and two Pool Gate Monitors.
- All staff will be trained on COVID-19 awareness, cleaning and sanitizing protocols in order to promote adequate safety for the public and the staff.
- All staff will sign off that they have completed the COVID-19 awareness training and all risk reduction strategies training.
- Social Distance Ambassador role(s) will be implemented to monitor and encourage social distancing of bathers on the pool deck, in the restrooms and anywhere else on the pool grounds.
- The Borough of North Caldwell and the North Caldwell Police Department have developed a police notification policy for all non-compliant patrons.
- A warning will be issued by the Pool Manager.
- A written warning will be written by the Pool Manager and submitted to the Program Director, Samantha O’Neill.
- The police will be called and a summons will be written by the North Caldwell Police Department.
- Every staff member and every pool member will be subject to temperature screenings and shall complete a pre-admission screen form prior to entry into the pool.
- Persons that have a fever of 100.4 or above or other signs of COVID-19 illness within the previous 72 hours will not be admitted into the facility.
- Persons who have been exposed to individuals with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 within the previous 14 days will not be admitted into the facility.
- Symptoms related to COVID-19 include but are not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Admittance and Access to the Facility
- The North Caldwell Pool will implement non-discriminatory capacity restrictions:
- Capacity of the pool is reduced to 50% from the maximum capacity for the facility and grounds at one time.
- Measures to implement capacity restrictions may include, but not be limited to:
- Reservations (passes)
- Limiting of hours – The North Caldwell Town Pool will be open Monday through Friday from 12:30PM-6:30PM and Saturday/Sunday from 10:30AM-6:30PM.
- Demarcating grids on the pool deck and surrounding grounds.
- Recommended bather load calculation during COVID-19 operations:
- The North Caldwell Main Pool surface area is 6,784.2 square feet divided by 28 square feet per person equals 243 people plus the North Caldwell Zero Entry Pool surface area of 600 square feet divided by 28 square feet per person equals 21 people totaling a max. capacity of 264.
- At all entry points to the North Caldwell pool, signage will be posted regarding signs of illness and to stay home when experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- The North Caldwell Pool staff will designate, limit and oversee access to entry and exit points to bathing area to avoid congregation.
- The North Caldwell Pool Gate Monitors will maintain a sign-in sheet for all staff and patrons to facilitate potential contact tracing efforts.
- Infection Control Strategies
- The North Caldwell Pool will designate the pool pavilion as the COVID-19 Emergency Care Room.
- This location meets the requirement that pool facilities that can accommodate 500 bathers or more, before capacity reduction measures are implemented, must identify, locate and designate an emergency care room located outdoors with a protective covering, such as a canopy or other covering. The public recreational bathing rule requires an emergency care room to be utilized for the emergency care of injured/ill bathers.
- This location meets the requirement that all medical areas should be located outdoors.
- The North Caldwell Pool has established and will implement procedures for safely isolating and transporting anyone showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 consistent with CDC guidance.
- The North Caldwell Pool will be implementing the following cleaning and disinfecting procedures:
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas, such as restrooms, showers, gate handles and door knobs.
- Sanitizer stations will be provided throughout the pool facility.
- Frequent sanitization of the following areas opened to the public include:
- Lifeguard stands
- Lifesaving equipment
- Medical area
- The North Caldwell Pool will only allow members to bring their own chairs onto the grounds and share demarcated patches of grass with their immediate family members.
- The North Caldwell Pool members will be allowed to use their own water play equipment, such as pool noodles or toys however the pool facility will prohibit the sharing of such equipment except between immediate family members.
- No equipment will be available for rent or other use to patrons while at the pool facility.
- Restrooms and Shower Access
- When in the North Caldwell Pool restrooms, showers or locker rooms all patrons must wear foot coverings.
- Occupancy in the restrooms, shower areas and locker rooms will remain open but in a limited fashion as to avoid over-crowding and maintain social distancing which will be accomplished through signage and where practicable the utilization of attendants to monitor capacity.
- Pool staff will be overseeing the capacity levels of the restrooms.
- Face Masks, Gloves and Social Distancing Strategies
- Face Masks and Gloves
- Staff and patrons are encouraged to wear a cloth face covering while not in the pool and when social distancing of six feet cannot be maintained, unless if doing so would inhibit the individual’s health.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be put on children under the age of two because of the danger of suffocation.
- Face coverings should NOT be allowed in the water due to increased risk of drowning.
- Lifeguards should NOT wear a face covering while on duty actively lifeguarding. It is encouraged that lifeguards wear a cloth face covering when they are not on duty actively lifeguarding and cannot maintain social distancing of six feet.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is required by staff.
- Social Distancing
- The North Caldwell Pool staff will encourage six feet social distancing while in the water, unless the individual needs assistance in order to swim, except immediate family members, caretakers, household members or romantic partners.
- The North Caldwell Pool staff will encourage six feet social distancing on the pool deck, except immediate family members, caretakers, household members or romantic partners.
- The North Caldwell Pool staff will keep all benches and tables spaced apart in order to social distance.
- The pool deck of the North Caldwell Pool has been marked with arrows guiding patrons and staff while moving around the pool.
- All common areas will have signage posted regarding keeping six feet apart.
- Communication Plan
- The North Caldwell Pool will develop and implement an outreach plan that includes but is not limited to:
- Emphasize the importance of social distancing and hand hygiene through the Borough website, social media pages and highly visible signage.
- Pool facilities shall post signage indicating that:
- Facial coverings are strongly encouraged.
- Face coverings should NOT be worn in the water due to the increase in risk of drowning.
- Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water.
- Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol should be used if soap and water are not available.
- Do not touch your face (especially your eyes, nose or mouth) with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings.
- Food Services
- The North Caldwell Pool Snack Bar will not be opened for the 2020 pool season.
- Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- The North Caldwell Pool has revised their emergency evacuation procedure to ensure social distancing protocols are implemented.
- Miscellaneous NJ DOH Pool Plan Elements
- The North Caldwell Pool does not have any hot tub facilities on site.
- The North Caldwell Pool Gate Staff will not be receiving any kind of payments at the door.
© Copyright 2013-2019 Borough of North Caldwell. All Rights Reserved.
Admin - Email
If you have any trouble with accessing information contained within this website, please contact the Borough of North Caldwell at email@example.com or 973-228-6410.