BOROUGH OF NORTH CALDWELL
141 Gould Avenue
North Caldwell, NJ 07006
GEORGE F. LIBRIZZI, Municipal Assessor
CTA, IFAS, SCGREA
PHONE: 973-228-6410 x111
2019 General Tax Rate: $2.343
2018 General Tax Rate: $2.359 2018 Equalization Ratio: 88.76%
2017 General Tax Rate: $2.300 2017 Equalization Ratio: 90.85%%
2016 General Tax Rate: $2.248 2016 Equalization Ratio: 92.12%
2015 General Tax Rate: $2.230 2015 Equalization Ratio: 94.44%
Our vision is to be a model of appraisal and assessment administration with a reputation for delivering uniform, objective, and accurate assessments that meet statutory requirements and guidelines. We will satisfy our taxpayers/customers with courteous, timely and professional service at all times.
Our mission is to administer the Borough of North Caldwell’s Tax Assessor's Office in a manner that assures public confidence in our accuracy, unbiased and objectivity in providing fair and equitable valuations of all real property. The State of New Jersey Constitution, Statutes, Administrative Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices will guide our mission.
Within the framework of N.J.S.A. 54:3-16, 54:4-23 & 54:4-26, the Tax Assessor operates under the guidance of the Director of the Division of Taxation and the County Board of Taxation. Accordingly, the governing body has no right whatsoever to influence the Tax Assessor as to valuation and assessment method since the responsibilities of the Tax Assessor are independent of Municipal Government control.
We are dedicated to effective and efficient governmental service when performing assessment functions. We will continually improve quality and excellence by:
- Providing the essential training and skills to employees, enabling competent performance;
- Encouraging employee self development, motivation, and participation;
- Fostering open communication and teamwork;
- Focusing on continual improvement of processes, systems and technology;
- Providing the necessary resources to meet these goals.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide assistance, service, and resources to all taxpayers and citizens concerning the valuation and administration of the property tax.
- Manage all assessment functions and activities pertaining to the Borough of North Caldwell Tax Assessor’s Office.
- Discover, list, classify, and value all taxable real property within the Borough of North Caldwell.
- Certifies to the Essex County Board of Taxation the total valuation for assessment of all taxable property located within the territorial limits of the Borough.
- Complete the assessment of all taxable property within the Borough (including added assessments, omitted assessments, and partial assessments as required).
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete tax maps identifying the parcels of land in the Borough.
- Defend all assessed values challenged.
Motto: There are no substitutes for fair and equitable assessments!
Property Tax Relief Programs
The State of New Jersey offers several programs for property tax relief. You may be eligible for one or more of these:
· Deduction for Senior Citizens and disabled persons
· Deduction for Veterans with active wartime service
· Homestead Rebate for homeowners
· NJ SAVER Rebate
· Property Tax Reimbursement, a freeze on taxes for Senior Citizens
Each of the above listed benefits have specific eligibility requirements and filing deadlines. Contact the Tax Assessor’s office at (973) 228-6410 x111 to find out if you qualify or for assistance in filling out the applications.
For the New Jersey Division of Taxation's Property Tax Relief Program, please visit:
Chapter 75 Postcards
Postcards are mailed to property owners the end of January. This statutory requirement is intended to inform property owners of their assessment for the current tax year. If a property owner does not agree with their assessment, they may confer with the Tax Assessor, or file an appeal. The appeal deadline is April 1st. Anyone wishing to appeal their assessment may obtain an appeal form from the Essex County Board of Taxation, 50 South Clinton Street, East Orange, NJ 07018. Their phone number is: (973) 395-8525
New Jersey Property Taxpayer Bill of Rights
Click Here for Details
How Your Tax Dollar Is Spent State-Wide
New Jersey Property Tax Facts
New Jersey Division of Taxation
New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards
Essex County Tax Board
NC 2012 Property SFLA & Built Date
Borough of North Caldwell Tax Rate and Levy Analysis