NOTICE TO PUBLIC
Inclement Weather Hotline for Recreation Programs
Updates will be posted by 7:45am for Summer Fun Camp cancellations due to rain.
MIDPOINT REVIEW REPORT
Under the Fair Housing Act and its Third Round Judgment of Compliance and Repose, the Borough is required to post a Midpoint Review Report.
Click to view the Midpoint Review Report.
Should you wish to register to vote, change your address, or change your party affiliation, please complete and submit the New Jersey Voter Registration application ( http://www.essexclerk.com/_Content/pdf/forms/Voter-Register-Eng-09-08.pdf ). Voter Registration Deadline is June 16, 2020.
Should you wish to apply for a Vote by Mail Ballot, please complete and submit the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot ( http://www.essexclerk.com/_Content/pdf/forms/vote-mail-ballot-essex-english.pdf ). Mail-in Ballot Application (by mail) deadline is June 30, 2020. Mail-in Ballot Application (in-person) is July 6, c0c0 by 3:00pm at Essex County Hall of Records.
*IMPORTANT MUNICIPAL POOL UPDATE*
The Recreation Department is very excited about the opportunity to open the North Caldwell Town Pool for the Summer 2020 season beginning Saturday June 27th.
Hours of operation will be as follows:
Saturday & Sunday 11:30AM-6:30PM.
Due to the new mandatory state health requirements for Municipal pools recently announced by the Governor and public health officials, additional guidelines and restrictions will be established to provide a safe and healthy environment for all members and staff. Please be advised of the following:
1. Maintain 6 foot social distancing at all times.
2. Masks MUST be worn when social distancing is unable to be maintained. Masks do NOT have to be worn when in the water.
3. The entrance of the pool will be strictly a one-way area; the exit will be located at the far end of the pool pavilion.
4. The snack bar will NOT be open during the 2020 pool season.
5. No chairs will be provided...please feel free to bring your own. There will be a limited number of umbrellas.
6. No guests will be allowed at this time...members only.
Effective immediately, registration will be open to North Caldwell residents ONLY. All non-residents will be placed on a waiting list. On June 19, 2020, the Recreation Department will evaluate pool membership numbers and possibly accepting non-residents registrations from a waiting list.
Any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Many thanks to the Smith Center for Infectious Disease and Urban Health for administering over 325 COVID-19 tests to North Caldwell residents today. Please consider showing your appreciation for the testing they perform throughout our community at no charge. Visit smithcovidtesting.com and make a donation so their good work can continue at DONATE@smithcenternj.org. Thank you to all who participated!
Borough Tennis Courts - Phase I Reopening
Saturday, May 23, 2020
The upper courts (courts 4,5,6) will be open for SINGLE play ONLY. Hours of operation will be daily from 7:00 am-7:00 pm. Use of the tennis courts is strictly for MEMBERS ONLY. All residents must register via Community Pass for access to the tennis courts.
The following policies have been established to ensure the health and safety of all residents:
1) Masks MUST be worn at all times except when in play.
2) Each player MUST use hand sanitizer before entering the courts and after exiting the courts. The hand sanitizer unit is located next to the entrance of the upper courts.
3) The restrooms at Liberty Park will remain CLOSED.
4) No spectators are permitted on the courts.
5) Members must maintain social distancing (no closer than 6 feet to another player) in addition to all other guidelines set forth by the CDC, State of New Jersey and local health departments all of which are subject to change from time to time as conditions evolve.
6. Members may not enter the tennis courts until the previous players have exited the courts.
7. Single play ONLY. No Doubles. Only 2 players allowed per court.
8. 1 hour maximum court time use (courts change over every hour). Players must vacate court after playing if someone else is waiting.
At this time, please go onto Community Pass and sign-up for your seasonal tennis membership. Any questions, please email Bill Maranz, Recreation Director at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Samantha O'Neill, Program Director at email@example.com.
North Caldwell & Essex Fells Shared Court will now hold Court by video (virtual Court) sessions pursuant to the Hon. Glenn A. Grant, J.A.D 2nd Omnibus Order dated Feb. 28, 2020. Regular in-person Court sessions will remain suspended until further notice.
If you have a matter that is scheduled with the Municipal Court of North Caldwell / Essex Fells or will like to view a Court session, please complete the registration form by Clicking Here. After registering you will receive an email confirmation with the instructions on how to access the Virtual Court session.
Anyone with questions or concerns about Virtual Court should contact the Court office prior to the scheduled session. Court Officials may be reached by calling 973-228-6420 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank you in advance for patience and understanding as we all adapt together to these new changes.
Please check the Ordinances tab to learn about introduced (pending) and adopted ordinances. Note the amendment of Chapter 96 concerning the removal of trees adopted on April 14, 2020.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates and Communications
**All Borough facilities (including fields, school grounds, tennis courts, playgrounds and the Hilltop dog park) are closed in an effort to promote social distancing.**
April 6, 2020 - Nixle Alert: Memo from Mayor Alessi
March 27, 2020 - Memo from Mayor Alessi
March 26, 2020 - Nixle Alert: Memo from Mayor Alessi
March 25, 2020 - Nixle Alert: Essex County Testing Facility Announcement
March 21, 2020 - Nixle Alert: Memo from Mayor Alessi
March 20, 2020 - Nixle Alert: Memo from Borough
North Caldwell Emergency Management Proclamation
March 16, 2020 - Nixle Alert: Governor Murphy's Executive Order
March 15, 2020 - Nixle Alert: North Caldwell Confirms First Case of Coronavirus
March 13, 2020 - Advisory Notice to Residents
March 12, 2020
Please know that Mayor Alessi, the Borough Council, Administration, Office of Emergency Management, Police Department, Fire Department, Health Department and Department of Public Works are closely working with the following Federal, State, County and Local authorities to provide the most current information and safety protocols: Centers for Disease Control, State Department of Health, Essex County Office of Emergency Management, Essex County Department of Health, West Caldwell Board of Health, West Essex First Aid Squad, West Essex School District and North Caldwell School District.
Please utilize the mail slot near the front door of Borough Hall to drop off any payments, water readings, etc. in lieu of dropping items off at the front counter.
The most current information about the virus can be found on the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus. COVID-19 Fact Sheet
Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most current information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The latest quarterly issue of
North Caldwell Community News
is now available here.
2020 Borough Flyer
* Annual Trash, Bulk, Recycling Schedule *
The annual flyer is available online here.
Copies are available at Borough Hall or mailed upon request
to email@example.com or by phone at (973) 228-6410,
x-104 or x-121.
In mid-March, homes across the country will begin receiving invitations to complete the 2020 Census. Once the invitation arrives, you should respond for your home in one of three ways: online, by phone, or by mail. When completing the census, you will include everyone living in your home on April 1, 2020.
- March 12 - 20: Households will begin receiving official Census Bureau mail with detailed information on how to respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone, or by mail.
- April 1: Census Day is observed nationwide. By this date, every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. Once the invitation arrives, you should respond for your home in one of three ways: online, by phone, or by mail. When you respond to the census, you'll tell the Census Bureau where you live as of April 1, 2020.
- May - July: Census takers will begin visiting homes that haven't responded to the 2020 Census to help make sure everyone is counted.
- December: The Census Bureau will deliver apportionment counts to the President and Congress as required by law.
- By March 31, 2021, the Census Bureau will send redistricting counts to states. This information is used to redraw legislative districts based on population changes.
Please visit https://2020census.gov for more information.
MISSED TRASH COLLECTION?
Residents may now submit Trash Collection inquiries/reports ("missed garbage collection") through our new online portal. Please complete the
GARBAGE INQUIRY FORM under the QUICK LINKS menu.
Provide the location and type of trash collection (household trash, bulk, yard debris, etc). The request form will be directed to the Trash Collection Company as well as to Borough Hall. You will receive a confirmation of the submission and a response to your inquiry by email.
Residents may now pay WATER BILLS online. Please find the "Online Water Utility Payments" option under the Quick Links menu to the left of the home page. You can view your readings and bills and make a payment. Water meter readings can also be entered online under the "Water Meter Submission" Quick Link.
Online payments for Taxes and Sewer Utilities are coming soon!
Information regarding the Affordable Housing opportunities currently available at the Hilltop in North Caldwell
can be found at www.rpmwhiterock.com.
Essex County’s 2020 Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) can be found at
SIGN UP FOR THE BOROUGH'S COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
Please use the Quick Links menu on the left side of the home page to select "Community Newsletter".
Provide your email address for future newsletters and community news.
Please follow Borough happenings, events and news on Facebook...
Borough of North Caldwell
ADVICE TO RESIDENTS CONCERNING CANVASSERS AND SOLICITORS
The Code of the Borough of North Caldwell requires all Canvassers and Solicitors to honor “No Solicitor” signs posted by residents and shall immediately depart from premises so posted. Residents may download and print a No Solicitor sign courtesy of the Borough of North Caldwell by following this link:
View Alerts from the Borough - Click Here